Terms and ConditionsOur Policies - Best Vacation Homes on the Coast of Maine
- Rentals are either from Saturday to Saturday or Friday to Friday during peak season. Each house is specifically assigned. We may be flexible in off-season, call or e-mail for requests.
- Check-in time is Friday or Saturday 3:00 pm. Please call us if you cannot make it by 3pm.
- Check-out time is Friday or Saturday NO LATER than 10:00 am.
- One half of the weekly rental price is required at the time of booking. The balance, including damage waiver, a 9% Maine state tax, and a one time administration fee of 6% is required four (4) weeks prior to occupancy. (Note: Maine state tax can change at any time)
- All rentals are subject to price change, owner withdrawal, and a 9% Maine state tax, and one time 6% admin fee. (Note: Maine state tax can change at any time)
- Cancellation monies are refunded ONLY if we are able to totally rebook your reserved week(s).
- We accept cash, checks, traveler's checks and credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, and Discover).
- Pets: Pets are welcome at only a few of our listings. For pet approval you must notify us first. An extra deposit will be required.
- Choose a House with Safety - Location - Size in mind: Each house has a strict limited occupancy due to private water and septic systems. These numbers cannot be exceeded. Each individual counts as one person, regardless of age. Please choose a house with occupancy in mind. Some of our homes are also located on high cliffs that may not be suitable for children.
- Off Season Rates: Some of our homes do offer off season rates. This usually falls before June 15th and after September 15th. Excluding holiday weeks, which are normally at full price. Rates do vary at each home, and are subject to change.
- All of our houses are smoke-free. In these homes if there is evidence smoking has occurred inside there will be a loss of your security deposit.
- Wedding, Reunions, and Parties: We do not allow events or parties of any kind to be held on, or in the premises.
- Some of our homes have long distance blocks and cell phone coverage can be sparse. Please bring a phone card if needed.
- Many of our homes have cable, internet,wireless internet, telephone or other services. We cannot guarantee the services are always working. There are sometimes interruptions beyond our control. We will not refund any money for interruptions.
- Please do not cut, trim or alter any trees, bushes, landscaping or vegetation on the property. If there is evidence of trimming the tenant will be liable for any expenses incurred.
**Please note this doesn't include all of our policies. Please refer to your contract as needed.